Feeling a bit hungry but doesn’t want to make fast food? Looking for healthy and tasty food? Full of protein? Non vegeterian food? Looking for starters?
Quickly make this healthy but delicious Chicken and egg salad at home which will crave your hunger as well as your taste. What more is, you can add or remove anything from your preference to make it more custom made and according to your taste and experience.
Preparation Time – 15 Mins
Cooking Time – 15 Mins
Chicken Boneless – 100 gms medium cut
Egg – 2
Meyonnaise – 4 Tablespoons
Cheese Grated – 2 – 3 Tablespoons
Onion – 1 Big Chopped in small pieces
Carrot – 1 Chopped Fine, 7 – 8 round slices for garnishing
Beans – 10 – 12 cut in small pieces
Cucumber – 1 Medium Chopped, 7 – 8 round slices for garnishing
Green Chilly – 4 – 6 Chopped finely(very hot),2-3 Chopped Finely (medium hot)
Green, Yellow and Red Capsicum – 1 Small Teacup small diced
Apple – 1 Fine diced
Orange – 1 Finely cut, Few pulps for garnishing
Guava – 1 Small fine cut
Pomegranate – 1 Small
Cherry / Strawberry – 1 round slices for Garnishing
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 Tablespoon
Lettuce – For Garnishing
Chilly Flakes – 2 Teaspoon
Black Pepper – 2 Teaspoon
Coriander Leaves – 1 teacup finely chopped
Method or Preparation
1. First boil the chicken and egg. Make sure egg are fully boiled. After the egg and chicken are cooled off till the room temperature , slice the chicken to smaller pieces ( 2 – 3 sq mm pieces). Slices the Eggs to create similar size pieces.
2. Next boil the carrots and beans and allow it to cool to room temperature
3. Then add chicken slices, egg slices, onions, carrots, beans, cucumber, green chilly, green, yellow and red capsicum, apple, orange, guava, pomegranate, 3/4 cup coriander leaves to a bowl together.
4. Now add mayonnaise, cheese, olive oil, chilly flakes, black pepper and table salt to the same bowl
5. Mix well all the the ingredients till all are mixed up properly and evenly. Pour some olive oil on the top of the mixed up ingredients.
6. Refrigerate for at least 20 mins to cool it down further and marinate
7. Now take a serving bowl and place lettuce one by one on the bowl side by side
8. Put the marinated mixture on top of the lettuce and spread evenly throughout the serving bowl
9. Place cucumber, carrot and strawberry slices horizontally on top for garnishing
10. Place orange pulps vertically on top for garnishing
11. spread 1/4 cup coriander leaves on top evenly for better look
And your chicken, egg, fruits and veg salad is ready to serve. As mentioned before, you can add or remove items or ingredients to your preference according to your taste. Additionally, you can also preserve the same for 2 days in the freezer without being afraid of stalling the salad.
You can also add this salad between your preferred breads to make a nice and healthy chicken egg fruit and veg sandwich along with cheese slices. You can also pack the same to your kids in their school meal box who doesn’t like to have fruits or vegetables normally. This will be an excellent way for them to have it since it is delicious and also soft for their little mouth. They will love you after having this meal and your meal box will always come home empty and your child will get his taste and you will get your satisfaction as they won’t skip their meal and will have healthy food just as you wanted.
So what’s the hold up? Go ahead and try it now only and set a 4 course candle light dinner with your partner with chicken egg fruit and veg salad as starter along with red wine. Your partner will be more than happy than to show it. After all, the key to men’s heart is through their stomach…..